Saturday 26 November 2011

Happy little accident.


Made for my nephew Robbie:
Free pattern here: http://bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=3999

This is one of my favourite patterns. Although I don't so much like connecting all the squares, it is well worth it for the end result.

I made this one for Elias while I was pregnant.
It is now a couple of years old, and has been well loved.
The blue one is made in the original pattern, with the suggested yarn. The orange/green one is made with Bernat Softee Baby, and just a different arrangement of the blocks. I liked the Softee Baby yarn better. It seemed a little sturdier and warmer, and less likely to stretch out of shape like the blue one has done. 

I actually didn't even notice that I'd arranged the blocks differently than the original pattern, until I started posting. I'm guessing that's why I ended up liking the orange/green one so much more than the blue one. A happy little accident. 



No comments:

Post a Comment