Monday 20 August 2012

Prayer Request


    I am quickly becoming a Homeschool Mom. Though I am thoroughly looking forward to enjoying this new lifestyle it will be a very challenging adjustment for me. It requires me to improve my self-discipline in the areas of organization (of school, home, and time) and laziness. Yes, I said it, I am naturally a lazy, unorganized person, and this just will not do for a Homeschool Mom. I work on it constantly, but as with any flaws they return easily.
    Also, I am quickly finding that my style of homeschool is going to make my social calendar a lot fuller than I am used to. As an introvert that struggles with depression I cannot handle too many outings without loosing control of my emotions. Over the past couple of years I have had a strict rule that I may have only 1 scheduled outing on my calendar per week(+church =2). Of course there are occasional unscheduled events for which I say “yes” if I feel up to it, and “no” if its gonna make me crash. Its a rule that has done very well for me. Here's the problem, one kid in piano lessons and I have no room for anything else. No art classes, no sports, no doctor's appointments, no coffee dates, no farmer's market, no youth group, no Bible study, nothing. Of course this is ridiculous, so somehow, I'm going to have to get past it. Stretch my abilities, find new coping methods and find a new limit. Of course I will always need a limit, but obviously it must be more than before.
    Please pray that God will grant me the ability to change, and the wisdom to know how much.   

No comments:

Post a Comment